Dragan (Dan) Gjorgiev is an associate with Lee Sheikh & Haan LLC. He has represented clients in a variety of intellectual property matters, including claims of patent infringement, copyright infringement, trademark and trade dress infringement, trade secret misappropriation, breach of contract, and other related tort claims.
Dan joined LSH as a law clerk. Prior to joining LSH, Dan worked at a Fortune 500 automotive company, drafting utility patent applications and office action responses. He also volunteered for the Chicago-Kent Patent Hub, drafting utility patent applications for low-income inventors. Prior to law school, Dan worked as an Ecotoxicology Data Analyst in Loyola University Chicago’s Environmental Science Laboratory.
Dan received his Juris Doctor from Chicago-Kent College of Law, with a certificate in Intellectual Property Law. During law school, Dan served as Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Intellectual Property, helping to launch the Journal’s collaboration with the PTAB Bar Association. He also interned for the Chicago-Kent Intellectual Property Clinic. Dan earned a Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science and a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from Loyola University Chicago, minoring in Biology.
- J.D. Chicago-Kent College of Law
- B.S. Environmental Science, Loyola University Chicago
- B.A. Political Science, Loyola University Chicago
- Registered Patent Attorney, U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
- Supreme Court of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
Recognition and Activities
- Active Member, Intellectual Property Law Association of Chicago
- Super Lawyers, Illinois Rising Stars, IP Litigation, 2021-2022
- Journal Editor, PTAB Bar Association, 2017-2018
- Editor-in-Chief, Chicago-Kent Journal of Intellectual Property, 2016-2017
- Giles Sutherland Rich Moot Court Competition, 2016